The Singapore Garden Festival Story
The first-ever SGF Horticulture Show will be happening from 27 April to 5 May 2019 at Jurong Lake Gardens!
Enter a magical world of exciting garden designs and exquisite floral creations as Singapore goes into full bloom this 27 April - 5 May 2019 at the Singapore Garden Festival 2019. Whether you are a serious gardener, hobbyist or just looking for a wonderful day out with the family, you are in for delightful treats at the Festival. Held at the award winning Jurong Lake Gardens, this year’s Festival promises to be more spectacular than ever before.
This offshoot of the popular Singapore Garden Festival (SGF) will showcase horticulture excellence with local industry partners, students and the community demonstrating their talent and expertise.
Floral Windows to the world
Be enchanted by an exquisite showcase of beautiful flowers, creatively and delicately designed by celebrated local and international floral designers.
Marvel at the stunning displays and be inspired to transform your own balcony into a magical and enchanted garden retreat.
Showcasing the world's largest family of flowering plants. Orchids are a significant part of Singapore's heritage and this year's orchid display will see award-winning Singapore filmmaker Royston Tan providing the creative concept and direction.
Landscape & Fantasy Gardens
Be enthralled by the beauty and magic of the ultimate landscape and fantasy gardens created by renowned local and international gardening luminaries.
Here are some key highlights to look forward to:
- SGF Horticultural Competition comprising plants across nine categories cultivated by professionals and amateurs vying for ribbons, medals and the City in a Garden cup
Click here to download the poster / competition kit
- Vertical Greenery Competition featuring unique creations of 36 square metres each designed by professionals from Singapore’s landscape industry based on the theme of “Into the next dimension”
- Aquascape Display including the Nano Tank Aquascaping Competition where visitors can feast their eyes on beautiful underwater garden landscapes
Click here to download the competition kit
- My Mini Eden where 100 creative terrariums by students and the community will demonstrate how gardening can be done indoors within a small space – even the display area will be a larger-than-life terrarium!
- Magical World of Miniature Settings in which local talents from NParks and various Institutes of Higher Learning will tell a myriad of stories through scaled dioramas filled with miniature landscapes and props
- Beautiful Bonsai!, an exhibition of exquisite specimens from Jurong Lake Gardens, local bonsai collectors and nurseries
- The popular MarketPlace offering plants, gardening and horticultural products, as well as food and drinks