About this Event
In conjunction with World Mental Health Day on 10 October, the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) proudly presents Mental Health Carnival 2019! Come experience various therapeutic activities that persons recovering from mental health conditions may engage in. Hear from mental healthcare professionals at our talks on mental health and wellness, and browse through our bazaar that will feature crafts handmade by persons in recovery from mental health conditions.
Talks and activities are free, but most will require pre-registration due to limited capacity. Click on the links below to sign up for your slots today!
PUBLIC TALKS (OPEN FOR ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION)
- Navigating the Cyberworld Wisely
- Running on Empty: Tackling & Preventing Work Burnout
- Depression: An Overview
WORKSHOPS/ACTIVITIES (OPEN FOR ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION)
- Hydroponics Experience @ IMH
- Understanding Music Therapy
- Mastering the Art of Relaxation
- In & Around IMH: Guided Tours
- "Smôl Tôk" on Mental Health: A Safe Place for Cosy Conversations
- Drum Circle: Express your Rhythm!
- Introduction to Reminiscence Therapy
OTHER ACTIVITIES (ON-SITE QUEUE/WALK-IN ONLY; NO ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION)
Getting to IMH:
There will be a free shuttle bus service between Hougang MRT Station and the Institute of Mental Health at Buangkok Green Medical Park on Saturday, 26 October 2019.
The service will run at approximately 15-min intervals during the timings below:
Hougang MRT to IMH: 8.45am to 2.30pm
IMH to Hougang MRT: 9.45am to 3.30pm
Pick-up Point at Hougang MRT (taxi stand outside UOB):
- The mini-bus will only stop at the designated stops (i.e. Hougang MRT and IMH)
- The operating schedule of the shuttle bus is subject to traffic conditions
- Please be there at least 5 minutes before the scheduled time
- For your safety, no standing is allowed on this mini-bus
Public buses 43, 43M, 88, 101, 109, 156, 161, 325 also stop at the bus stops outside the Institute of Mental Health (IMH).
Map of IMH
Programme Schedule - Plan Your Visit!