Yoga for a Change is a weekly charity yoga class at Fort Canning Green, every Saturday 8 am - 9 am.
Taught alternately by Laura & Meerly.
Every Saturday, Ongoing until 26 June 2021 | 8 am - 9 am | Fort Canning Green | Free Admission
About this Event
Every Saturday, 8-9 am, Fort Canning Green, maximum 20 students. More info about Yoga for a Change, please click here
Please take note...
- This is a donation-based class, 100% of the proceeds go to the charity we support, until we reach our target, please make your donations here:
- The class will take place at Fort Canning Green: the big space on the National Museum side, where the outdoor cinema and festivals usually take place. There’s a big flat area right in the middle, made of AstroTurf. That’s where we will be.
- If you come by taxi/Grab, a good landmark as reference point for drop off is the “Gothic Gate”
- Check in with Safe Entry when entering the park
- We will have a thermometer and will be taking your temperature when you arrive
- Please wear your mask until the class starts and put it back on when we end
- You will need to be 2m apart on your mats, in groups of 8, with 3m between groups of 8
- Bring your own mat, small towel (you might get sweaty!), mosquito repellent and sunscreen
- Because of all of the above, please aim to arrive 10-15 min early if possible
- Class will be cancelled in case of rain, an email would be sent to you at least one hour prior to class (7am)
About the teachers:
Laura is a vinyasa & yin yoga teacher since 2017, a gong player since 2019, and currently completing a prenatal & postpartum yoga certification. She created the concept of Yoga for a Change for students to practice yoga, while contributing to worthy causes that enhance livelihoods in Singapore & Southeast Asia. You will leave her sessions feeling strong and relaxed.
Laura Zaccaria Schedule:
January: 2, 16, 30
February: 13, 27
March 13, 27
April 10, 24
May 8, 22
June 5, 19
Meerly is a Power Vinyasa Yoga teacher known for her accessible, fun and dynamic classes. Teaching since 2017, she aims to provide her students a unique sense of empowerment each time through daily-life-inspired intentions, strong focus on alignment, clear cues on movement and breath work. Meerly believes that through yoga, we can inspire stillness, kindness and happiness!
Meerly Wang Schedule:
January: 9, 23
February: 6, 20
March: 6, 20
April: 3, 17
May: 1, 15, 29
June: 12, 26