We follow the SSTAR. fitness structured training program, a six-week cycle of tempo and long runs.
Organized every Thursday by SSTAR fitness, starting at the Sports Hub Library | Free Admission
Every training session within this cycle are different, six weeks combine into one mesocycle.
* Every tempo run starts with a 0.9 km warm-up round the 100plus promenade ( except week 1, the warm-up is two rounds - 1.8km)
All Tempo run routes: Start at Sports Hub Library to WSC - Kallang river bridge, 'coaches bench' and the following :
week 1 - 3km warm up+ 5km Short tempo (Hard, fast pace)
SHL - Bench - Dakota loop
week 2 : 8km Medium tempo ( Medium fast pace)
SHL - Bench - Barrage loop
week 3 : 5km Short tempo (Hard, Fast pace)
SHL - Bench - PA Wave loop ( U-trun at the golf course toilet)
week 4 : 8km to 10km Long tempo (Comfortably Hard pace)
SHL - Bench - ECP - Green bridge - Car Park B
week 5 : 4km Medium tempo + 3min recovery jog + 4km Medium tempo
SHL - Bench - Barrage + slope loop
week 6 : 5km Time trial (see separate calendar invite)
meet at 2XU Marina Square, Spore Flyer open track. Run 1km loops x 5 for a 5km time trial
1. Our Thurs and Sat routes do not cross public roads and will not encounter vehicular traffic.
2. We will not run on Sat if there is lightning and/or rain. Watch for a weather update at 5:15 AM. No update is good news!
3. We train on Thurs, rain or shine. The Sports Hub 100plus promenade track is sheltered.
4. Hydrate before you feel thirsty, do not over-hydrate with plain water. Here are the toilets along the route
a. Water Sports Centre
b. Passion Wave (under the East Coast Flyover)
c. Marina Barrage
d. Gardens by the Bay Flower Domes
e. Public toilets next to the Fullerton Hotel
f. Public toilet at Clarke Quay (next to Starbucks)
g. Public toilet at the Singapore Flyer
h. Public toilet at Kallang Riverside Park
i. The public toilet also available at all the MRT stations