SPARTANS. THE TIME HAS COME.
Spartan Race is the world's best obstacle course race, with over 240 races in 25 countries around the world this year. Spartan Race is not your everyday running race - expect to run, climb, push, pull, throw and crawl through walls, hills, trees, mud, barbed wire and other challenging but fun obstacles.
All Spartan courses are designed to challenge you physically. We can’t spell out what exactly you will face, what fun would that be. However, we can assure there will be fire, mud, water, barbed wire, and occasionally Hell on Earth. Spartan Race is designed to pull you from your comfort zone and challenge you.
RACE DAY INFO
The Stadion was the race run in Ancient Greece named after the storied stadium it took place in. It was an original Olympic Game.
Stadion became the Latin word “Stadium” which is now the English word for where we celebrate the peak of athletic achievement. So, Spartan is going back to the starting line. Everyone is welcome to join, especially beginners. All athletes deserve the to feel the rush of biggest stage and to know what it feels like to play in the places usually reserved for professionals. Because each and every athlete, no matter how accomplished, had to start somewhere.
Bringing the adrenaline of a Spartan race to the awesome spectacle of a stadium, Stadion is a 5km, 20-obstacle race that offers a fresh challenge for new and season racers alike. Throwing a number of exciting and unfamiliar obstacles in your path, racers will get the opportunity to experience a Spartan race on the same ground that legends tread.
Good news for those of you who are worried about failing an obstacle: we've halved the penalty burpees from 30 to 15. Now you've got no excuse not to #SpartanUp!
- - 7:30 AM - Elite Men
- - 7:45 AM - Elite Women
- - 8:00 AM - Age Group
- - 8:15 AM - Age Group
- - 8:30 AM - Age Group
- - 8:45 AM - 4:15PM - Open
- - 10:30 AM Awards Ceremony - Elite & Teams
- - 12:00 PM Awards Ceremony - Age Group
Elite: These athletes are competing to win prize money, test themselves against the best of the best, attract potential sponsors, and rise to the top of the Spartan Race Point Series.
Age Group: The Age Group Category, formerly known as “Competitive” is a series of heats placed immediately after the Elite category. Age Group racers will follow the same rules and standards as the Elite racers.
(Age Group Categories: 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+)
Open: The Open category is for everyone, period. Weekend warriors, novice athletes, first-time racers, and teams are all welcome here.
- - Badass Stadion Finishers Medal
- - Trifecta Medal Edge Piece
- - Race T-shirt
- - Spartan Sling Bag
- - Spartan Cap
- - Free Professional Photos (to frame and flaunt)
- - Bragging rights
CATEGORIES & PRIZES
ELITE STADION: The Elite Male & Female Heats are the first heats of the day at 7:30 am, and they are for our most competitive racers who want to test themselves against the best and stand the chance to win prize money. The top ten (10) Male and Female Elites earn their spots to qualify in the 2019 Asia Pacific Championships.
- - 1st Place Male and Female: 1st Place Trophy, SGD 750 Cash
- - 2nd Place Male and Female: 2nd Place Trophy, SGD 500 Cash
- - 3rd Place Male and Female: 3rd Place Trophy, SGD 300 Cash
AGE GROUP STADION: The Age Group Category follows the same rules and standards as the Elite racers. They believe they could win or place in a given race when stacked against only the best of the best within their designated age group. Each of the top five (5) Male and Female finishers belonging in the 14 -17, 18-24 and 50+ age groups and each of the top ten (10) Male and Female finishers belonging in the 25-29, 30-39 and 40-49 age groups earn their spots to qualify in the 2019 Asia Pacific Championships.
- - 1st Place Male and Female of each Age Group: 1st Place Medal
- - 2nd Place Male and Female of each Age Group: 2nd Place Medal
- - 3rd Place Male and Female of each Age Group: 3rd Place Medal
BIGGEST SPARTAN TEAM: The team that registers the most number of participants will enjoy their own private, branded tent on Race Day plus a Spartan Biggest Team Award to commemorate their team effort.
WHAT TO BRING
- - Start time and registration bar code (Will be published on website 10 days before race day)
- - Towel
- - Spare bag for your muddy items
- - Change of clothes/footwear
- - Sunscreen
- - Cash preferred, ATM not available within festival village
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- - Glass bottles and alcoholic drinks
- - Own tent
- - Pets
- - Negative Attitude
Professional event day photos will be posted on the results page on the Spartan Singapore website page within 10 days after the event. We’ll announce when your photos are ready! Our photographers try their very best to get great pictures of every single racer however sometimes racers are missed. We apologise in advance if you do not have a picture at a particular obstacle.
Before Race Day, you can transfer your registration to someone else at an administrative fee of SG15 per transfer. Cut off date for any transfers is once online registration is closed.
If you are unable to attend race for any reason, a deferment email with steps on how to defer your race credit to the next race. For more information on deferring your race, please click HERE
Arrive an hour and a half before your start time. This gives you plenty of time to park, pick up your packet, drop your stuff at bag check, and get warmed up.
Bag Drop is FREE , and limited to one bag per racer. All Bag Drop items MUST fit inside a single bag. No other bags will be accepted. Group changing tents will be available onsite. Food, drinks and a ton of great Spartan merchandise will also be available for purchase in the Festival Village. Don’t forget cash as ATM services are limited.
WHAT TO WEAR
There’s no dress code, but you’ll be under the sun and working up a sweat. Dress comfortably, but dress to conquer!
Our elites recommend: performance gear (NOT COTTON), water packs, compression underwear,energy bars and gels. Visit globalshop.spartan.com to gear up for your race.
Advice from experience: is to race in what you train in - brand new shoes that you have never trained in before are not recommended on race day
RACE DAY INFO
The Spartan Kids Race is where we encourage kids to jump, run, get muddy, help each other, and have a good time while conquering obstacles. You are never too young to set goals and celebrate accomplishing them – an epic feeling that’s universal.
Let your little warrior experience the magic of conquering obstacles inside the world's largest dome structure; the very same in which they witness their sporting heroes and dream of achieving greatness. With 800m, 1.6km and 3.2km race distances, kids of all ages are welcome to take on the challenge.
Make your next race a family affair, and save when you sign up your pint-sized Spartan together with you. Find out more HERE
Spartan Kids Race
IMPORTANT RACE DOCUMENTS
- - Spectator, Volunteer, and Kids Waiver (Please bring a copy of the signed waiver on race day)
- - Registration Bar Code with start time (Released 10 days before race day)
- - Race Guide (Released 10 days before race day)
RACE COURSE DISTANCES & AGE CATEGORIES
- - 800m 4-6 years old
- - 1.6km 7-9 years old
- - 3.2km 10-13 years old
- - 3.2km Competitive 10-13 years old
Please arrive one hour before your child’s start time:
- - 7:30 AM - 10-13 years old only, Competitive Boys, 3.2km
- - 8:00 AM - 10-13 years old only, Competitive Girls, 3.2km
- - 8:30 AM - 10-13 years old only, 3.2km
- - 9:00 AM - 10-13 years old only, 3.2km
- - 9:30 AM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 10:00 AM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 10:30 AM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 11:00 AM - 4-6 years old only, 800m
- - 11:30 AM - 4-6 years old only, 800m
- - 12:00 PM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 12:30 PM - 4-6 years old only, 800m
- - 1:00 PM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 1:30 PM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 2:00 PM - 4-6 years old only, 800m
- - 2:30 PM - 4-6 years old only, 800m
- - 3:00 PM - 10-13 years old only, 3.2km
- - 3:30 PM - 10-13 years old only, 3.2km
- - 4:00 PM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - 4:30 PM - 7-9 years old, 1.6km
- - (Competitive Male/Female 10 - 13 y.o.)
- - 1st Place Spartan Trophy
- - 2nd Place Spartan Trophy
- - 3rd Place Spartan Trophy
CHECK-IN ON RACE DAY
Kids Racers must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian whilst onsite. Racer’s accompanied by their parent/legal guardian must have a completed and signed Race Waiver form and the accompanying parent/legal guardian must show photo ID to check-in.
Racers who are accompanied by an adult other than their parent/legal guardian must have the following documents to check-in:
- - Parental Consent Form – that specifies the accompanying adult - complete and signed by parent/legal guardian
- - Race Waiver form – completed and signed by parent/legal guardian
- - Accompanying Adult – authorized in item 1 above must present photo ID and
- be over 18 years of age