Have you visited one of Singapore's last remaining Singapore Improvement Trust (SIT) flats?
Do you know that the Redhill MRT Station was supposed to be constructed at the present-day Bukit Merah Town Centre?
My Redhill Heritage Tour traces the legend of Bukit Merah from a hilly backwater to a modern HDB town. Participants will hear first-hand accounts of this transformation from residents in Bukit Merah and get up-close to stall holders in Redhill Close markets and neighbourhood centres.
Level of Difficulty: 0.5/5
Who should come?
- Everyone is welcome to participate in this exciting tour!
- However, this heritage tour requires participants to walk for two hours long.
Duration & Meeting Place
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours (10.00am to 12.00pm)
- Language: English
- Please arrive at Redhill MRT Station (Ticket Concourse Level) 15 minutes before 10.00am. The tour guides will be wearing burgundy T-shirts with a conspicuous "Guide" at the back of the shirt.
- The tour will proceed rain or shine. We have never cancelled our tours in the past 10 years, except for LKY.
- The tour will end at Redhill Close Neighbourhood Centre, a stone's throw from Redhill MRT Station.
- We have previously levied a nominal admission fee of S$5 to encourage responsible tour participation.
- We have decided to remove this levy because the admission fee does not deter participants to register for the tours only when they are available.
What to bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes and suitable shoes for a 4 hour long walk
- Bring along your headphones (compatible with headphone jack). These headphones are harmful to our environment and we are levying S$2 per headphone to encourage all participants to bring theirs.
- Bring along insect repellent, EZ-Link card, a bottle of water and an umbrella
- Asthmatic individuals are encouraged to bring their inhaler.
- By agreeing to participate in the tour, every participant will be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to careIessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12. children under his/her charge.