Embodied Dance is a unique methodology created by Daniel "Sonic" Rojas from an accumulation of more than 25 years experience as a professional dancer and movement enthusiast, through intense self practice and a deepening journey of experiencing movement in a holistic way.
Drawing from personal, channeled dance energy and inspiration from qi gong, martial arts, yoga, calisthenics, breakdance, active meditations and more, this experiential & intuitive art form brings together different forms of movement, musicality and emotions, as a means to inspire greater understanding of the human form through dance, rhythm and body awareness practices. Embodied Dance has many levels and sub styles, contributing to its rich, extensive and profound capacity as a unique movement methodology.
What to expect:
- Development of better communication with your own body
- Coordination between the left and right sides, optimising balance and strength of both body and mind
- Lengthening and strengthening of the body, like the most flexible and strong bamboo
- Alignment of the body through internal awareness of symmetrical planes
- Understanding of acupressure points, organ energies and meridian balancing through physical exercises
- Use of movements and exercises with slow rhythm to develop strength, awareness and intensity
- Building of strength through creative calisthenics
- Bringing mobility into the whole skeleton through breath, circulatory movements and releasing stiffness
- Using strength and mobility to understand and experience different dynamic movements inspired by animals
- Working with the breath to create better body fluidity and oxygenation to the muscles
- Inspiring creativity on how to workout without any equipment, using just your body and the environment as a playground
- Developing an effective, efficient and intelligent way of working out that is fun, challenging, exhilarating and inspiring
Use promotion code FITFLOW when you pay by October 1 for $10 off.
Sunday, October 28, 2018
1pm - 3pm