Is the fear of getting held down in a wipe-out stopping you from taking on bigger waves?
In this course, instructors who are experienced surfers themselves teach you how to improve your breath hold and recover quickly in between consecutive oncoming waves, increasing your confidence to surf bigger and better. The course runs over 3 hours, with theory and pool practical sessions.
Physiology of the breathhold in relaxed and stressed states
- Techniques to improve your breath in a controlled environment and in uncomfortable situations
- Learning to relax for optimum performance
- Mental management - preventing over-stressing
- Recovery breathing - how to recover efficiently between waves
- Further training to increase your breath hold and aquaticity
The cost is $120, including all equipment hire.